Candles made from 100% soy wax are superior to their traditional paraffin counterparts. Soy wax is derived from soybeans, an eco-friendly, biodegradable and renewable resource, whereas paraffin is derived from petroleum, coal, or shale oil.
Soy wax candles have a longer burn time, so you can enjoy it for longer. Due to the nature of the wax, the scent produced is less powerful in soy so you can enjoy the aroma of the candle without the headaches.
It is common for soy candles to have "imperfections" such as an uneven tops, or spots on the sides. These do not affect the candle's performance and are indicative of a true soy wax candle.
Because of its properties, soy wax requires a bit more care than you would normally need. But don't fear! It's easy, just follow the candle care tips below:
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight. Not only will direct sunlight melt the candle, but it the UV rays will discolour the candle.
- Always burn your soy candle until a full, even melt pool is present (to the edges). This will prevent the candle from tunneling and will ensure the best scent throw.
- Trim your candle wick to 1/4" before every use to ensure clean, even burns
- Discontinue use of the candle when 1/2" of wax remains
- Do not leave candles burning while unattended
- Burn candles on an even, heat resistant surface away from drafts, pets, and children
- Do not touch or move the candle as it is burning. Wait at least 15 minutes after extinguishing the candle before touching.
- Imperfections are normal! This means that you're getting a 100% soy wax candle.