A soy wax candle is very different from a traditional paraffin wax candle. Because of it's properties, soy wax requires a bit more care than you would normally need. But don't fear! It's easy, just follow the candle care tips below:
- Keep candles out of direct sunlight. Not only will direct sunlight melt the candle, but it the UV rays will discolour the candle.
- Always burn your soy candle until a full, even melt pool is present (to the edges). This will prevent the candle from tunneling and will ensure the best scent throw.
- Trim your candle wick to 1/4" before every use to ensure clean, even burns
- Discontinue use of the candle when 1/2" of wax remains
- Do not leave candles burning while unattended
- Imperfections are normal! This means that you're getting a 100% soy wax candle.